DISCLAIMER – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
The PMSA Group of Companies (“the Company”) would like to welcome you (“the User”) to its website.
As per the POPI Act personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to the user as a person or data subject, for example (but not limited to), your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address.
The Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects and uses the User’s information primarily for the following purposes:
- To communicate requested information to the User
- To provide services to the User as requested by the User
- To authenticate the User
- To provide the User with access to restricted pages on this website, if applicable
- To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Company’s website
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
- Directly from the user when applying for any Company related employment, provide services to the Company, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites or make use of any of the Company services;
- From public registers, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which the Company may acquire your information;
- From people and entities employed by the Company to provide services to the Company which may be legally entitled to provide the Company with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by the Company will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is required by law or contractual obligation;
Otherwise reasonably required by the Company for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
Retained further with the person’s consent, after which the information will be disposed of as per the Company Control of Records policy.
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to the Company will be treated as confidential and the Company will not disclose information unless legally permitted thereto. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the user agrees that the Company may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes set out in our POPI Policy:
- To the divisions and entities in the Company, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
- To financial and government organisations who may request information from the Company, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
- To persons employed by the Company to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to the Company regarding the treatment of personal information;
- To any person to whom the Company cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
- To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
- We may transfer your information cross border for our legitimate business purposes, such as for cloud storage and for our billing practices. All information transfers will comply with the applicable laws.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject or user has the following rights to the personal information collected, processed and stored by the Company:
- Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
- The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject;
- The right to request the Company to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Company website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the website.
Once you have submitted your information, you will be added to our mailing list, unless you have specifically requested not to receive our information. We use this mailing list to send you important information about our business, the services we offer, news and event invitations. You can also add yourself to our mailing list on our website.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time which will result in us no longer marketing to you. We include a link in every marketing communication allowing you to unsubscribe from marketing communication and you can email us to ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
If you unsubscribe from our mailing list, we may still contact you in other instances, such as in the course of providing you with services or to collect outstanding fees/accounts. In these instances, the relevant staff member will contact you directly and not through the mailing list.