PMSA® supplies a comprehensive range of Wil El Mil concrete wet-pressing machinery and filters for concrete textured surfaces to meet customer requirements for kerbstone, flagstone and drainage channel manufacturing.
PMSA® has partnered with Wil El Mil, leaders in wet-pressed concrete technology. Wil El Mil offer presses with a pressing force of up to 400 tons with the option of single or three-stage rotary table manufacturing process. A full complement of moulds, mould-filling and product/pallet handling systems are available. Both new and re-manufactured machines are available.
By utilising wet-pressing technology, the cost of concrete and labour are substantially less than for a traditional wet-casting manufacturing process. This enables manufacturers to achieve the lowest cost of operation, resulting in increased profit. PMSA® and Wil El Mil machinery is Built to Last® for decades, ensuring a low lifetime cost of ownership.
The single stage press can manufacture 600 kerbstones or 1 200 flagstones (depending on size) per 9-hour shift. The three-stage press can manufacture 1 200 kerbstones or 2 400 flagstones (depending on size) per 9-hour shift.
The wet-pressing process involves compressing wet high slump concrete with hydraulic pressure in order to compact and shape the concrete product while pressing out excess water which is then removed through a vacuum system. Plastic or paper filters on the upper and lower surfaces of the product ensure excess liquid is extracted without removing the fines, resulting in a fully compacted product with an optimal water-to-cement ratio. Fresh products are immediately vacuum lifted and rotated, either hand-pneumatically or fully-automatically stacked on edge, optimising packing space on the curing pallets for final curing.
Wet-pressed concrete products offer high durability and good surface finishes, making them ideal for use in demanding environments.
Wet-pressed concrete products that can be produced on a Wil El Mil press include:
- Kerbstones: straight, concave, convex, corner and tapered
- Paving slabs: up to 1 m x 0.6 m with a plain, textured or tactile surface
- Drainage channels
- Drainage kerbs
- Drainage slabs
- Path edgings
- Blocks for split-stone walling
- Cable trench covers
Features & Benefits
Wil El Mil presses are Built to Last® for decades and include top of range technology features ensuring they are productive and produce the highest quality concrete products after decades of continuous operation. The features of these world-class presses include:
- The high-low-flow hydraulic system which makes the machinery energy efficient and allows for fast operation of the 400 ton press.
- The wet-press is heavily engineered for reliability, consistency and longevity.
- Through years of experience we are able offer a variety of product designs and technical support.
- Removable moulds and a simple mould change ensure a variety of products can be manufactured on a common press.
- Smart design allows easy access for cleaning, maintenance and mould changing.
- Volumetric concrete dosing ensures consistency of product height.
- Programmable drives enable machine optimisation for each specific product, which reduces cycle times.
- Windows-based operator interface allows for ease of use and connectivity.
- The system offers menu-based product selection for fast changeover times.
- Management data, control system monitoring, fault diagnosis and maintenance information is readily available from the operator interface.
- Remote support is available for easy off-site diagnostic assistance to ensure maximum productivity.
- Standard components are readily available, ensuring maximum uptime.