The PMSA® VB1 brick, block and paver making machine is a superior medium-capacity machine. It is capable of producing 54 000 bricks, 32 000 pavers, 28 800 maxi bricks or 6 000 hollow blocks (140 mm width) per 9-hour shift on a 760 mm x 760 mm wood or composite production board. Depending on configuration and plant options, a plant can be operated with 15 production and product handling staff.
The VB1 is designed to consistently produce high-quality bricks, industrial strength pavers, hollow blocks, decking blocks, retaining wall blocks and garden kerbs. The PMSA® VB1 is Built to Last® owing to its robust heavy-duty channel frame design.
Due to the high productivity, technology and life span of the VB1, it can produce industrial strength high quality products with low production costs for decades.
PMSA® customers have found the VB1 is capable of exceeding production capacities. The technology used in the VB1 allows for high productivity and dependable output every day for decades.
Due to PMSA®’s excellent market leading technical support and immediately available spare parts support, many PMSA® customers exceed the stated production capacities, resulting in improved productivity and increased profits.
Design features of the VB1 block machine include a heavy-duty channel frame designed not to fail or crack after decades of working under normal operational conditions, rubber bellows for mould box clamping, tamper vibrators and VSD (Variable Speed Drive) direct driven twin-shaft oil bath vibrator (including forced air motor cooling). These technical design features of the VB1 result in lower cement consumption due to high compaction, excellent dimensional consistency of products and fast cycle times.
PMSA® provides technology training and workshops for our customers to assist them in continually improving production, quality and profitability.
Built to Last®
Buy once, buy right! Having a machine that lasts for decades means you don’t have to replace your VB1 every few years; it has been Built to Last®. PMSA®’s VB1 brick, block and paver making machine will continue to produce profits that can be reinvested into expanding your business instead of replacing inferior equipment. Our customer’s success stories prove the PMSA® Built to Last® philosophy, with many customers operating VB1 machinery for more than 35 years – still in daily production. This results in PMSA® customers enjoying greater success.
Features & Benefits
For larger capacity brick, block and paver making plants, view the VB1X, VB4, VB4X, RE1400-LITE, RE1400 and ULTRA-3000. For smaller capacity brick, block and paver making plants, view the RE600, Twin UNI PLANT, UNI PLANT, UNI HYDRAULIC, UNI STATIC, UNI-ECO, PK300 CORNET and PK300-ECO.
PMSA®’s VB1 is Built to Last® and the ideal medium-size machine for a brick, block and paver making business. Features of the VB1 include:
- Heavy-duty channel frame for long-life and machine rigidity, which results in the consistent production of quality products for decades.
- 4 hard-chromed guide columns with easily replaceable wear resistant guide bushes for accurate tamper and mould box movement to ensure dimensional consistency of products.
Vibration System Features
- Direct driven twin-shaft oil bath vibrator, including forced air motor cooling, for vertical table vibration, which provides consistent compaction over the full mould area, resulting in uniform product density and reduced cement consumption.
- Adjustable vibration frequency/speed control via VSD (Variable Speed Drive) provides optimum compaction for different product types being manufactured, reducing machine maintenance costs and increasing productivity.
- Dynamic main vibration braking for reduced cycle times.
- Main vibration is controlled either over time for product density or upon reaching product height. Electrical control panel includes timer-controlled pre-vibration for optimal mould filling.
Mould Filling and Feeder-Box Features
- Fixed concrete silo and feeder-box assembly that is easily adjustable by hydraulic operation to accommodate different mould heights for quick mould changes.
Tamper and Mould Box Features
- Optional tamper vibration for increased product density and smooth top surface.
- Heavy-duty tamper brake assembly to lock tamper movement during mould-lifting, preventing product damage.
- Powerful hydraulic system for fast and smooth mould, tamper, feeder-box and production board-feeder operation, giving faster cycle times, lower maintenance costs and extended component life.
- Hydraulic power pack and machine controls are placed away from the machine for operator safety and unobstructed view of machine operation.
- On the optional PLC controlled VB1, all machine parameters can be changed using a touch-screen interface while the machine is in operation for instant adaptation to changing moisture content and aggregate consistency, without stopping the machine.
Production Board Handling Features
- Production board magazine allows for continuous and fast production board feeding.
- Production board size 760 mm x 760 mm with products can be handled manually or with a chain conveyor and gantry system (depending on product).