The PMSA® VB4X brick, block and paver making machine is a superior large-capacity machine. This powerful concrete brick, block and paver making machine is capable of producing 120 000 bricks, 75 600 pavers, 64 000 maxi bricks or 24 000 hollow blocks (140 mm width) per 9-hour shift on a 1 400 mm x 840 mm wood or composite production board. Depending on the level of automation, plant configuration and options, a plant can be operated with as few as 8 production and product handling staff. The VB4X is designed to consistently produce high-quality bricks, industrial strength pavers, hollow blocks, decking blocks, retaining wall blocks, and garden kerbs. The PMSA® VB4X is reliable and Built to Last® owing to its robust heavy-duty channel frame.
Due to the high productivity, technology and life span of the VB4X, it can produce industrial strength high-quality products with low production costs for decades.
PMSA® customers have found the VB4X is capable of exceeding production capacities. The technology used in the VB4X allows for dependable output every day.
Due to PMSA®’s excellent market leading technical support and immediately available spare parts support, many PMSA® customers exceed the stated production capacities, resulting in improved productivity and increased profits.
Design features of the VB4X block machine include a heavy-duty channel frame designed to not fail or crack after decades of working under normal operational conditions. The VB4X is supplied standard with full PLC controlled operation, rubber bellows for mould box clamping, tamper vibrators and VSD (Variable Speed Drive) direct driven twin-shaft oil bath vibrator (including forced air motor cooling). These technical design features of the VB4X result in lower cement consumption due to high product compaction, excellent dimensional consistency of concrete products and fast cycle times.
PMSA® provides technology training and workshops for our customers to assist them in continually improving production, quality and profitability.
Built to Last®
Buy once, buy right! Having a machine that lasts for decades means you don’t have to replace your VB4X every few years; it has been Built to Last®. PMSA®’s VB4X brick, block and paver making machine will continue to produce profits that can be reinvested into expanding your business instead of replacing inferior equipment. Our customer’s success stories prove the PMSA® Built to Last® philosophy, with many customers operating the VB range of machinery for more than 35 years and still in daily production. This results in PMSA® customers enjoying greater success.
Features & Benefits
For larger capacity brick, block and paver making plants, view the RE1400-LITE, RE1400 and ULTRA-3000. For smaller capacity brick, block and paver making plants view the VB4, VB1X, VB1, RE600, Twin UNI PLANT, UNI PLANT, UNI HYDRAULIC, UNI STATIC, UNI-ECO, PK300 CORNET and PK300-ECO.
PMSA®’s VB4X is Built to Last® and the ideal large-size machine for a brick, block and paver making business.
- Heavy-duty channel frame for long life and machine rigidity, which results in the production of quality products consistently for decades.
- 4 hard-chromed guide columns with easily replaceable wear resistant guide bushes for accurate tamper and mould box movement to ensure dimensional consistency of products.
Vibration System Features
- Direct driven twin-shaft oil bath vibrator-boxes with forced air motor cooling for vertical table vibration, providing consistent compaction over the full mould area, resulting in uniform product density, increased compaction of concrete products and reduced cement consumption.
- Adjustable vibration frequency/speed control via VSD (Variable Speed Drive), which provides optimum compaction for different product types being manufactured, reducing machine maintenance costs and increasing productivity.
- Dynamic main vibration braking for reduced cycle times.
- Main vibration is controlled either over time for product density or upon reaching product height, or both.
Mould Filling and Feeder-Box Features
- Electrical control panel includes timer-controlled pre-vibration for optimal mould filling.
- Fixed concrete silo and adjustable feeder-box assembly that is easily adjustable to accommodate different moulds.
Tamper and Mould Box Features
- Optional tamper vibration for increased product density and smooth top surface.
- Pneumatic mould clamping with rubber bellows for better vibration control.
- Heavy-duty tamper brake assembly to lock tamper movement during mould-lifting, preventing product damage.
- Powerful hydraulic system for fast and smooth mould, tamper, feeder-box and production board-feeder operation, giving faster cycle times, lower maintenance costs and extended component life.
- Hydraulic power pack and machine controls are placed away from the machine for operator safety and unobstructed view of machine operation.
- Standard PLC controlled operation.
- All machine parameters can be changed using a touch-screen interface while machine is in operation for instant adaptation to changing moisture content and aggregate consistency, without stopping the machine.
Production Board Handling Features
- Production board magazine allows for continuous and fast production board feeding.
- Production board size 1 400 mm x 840 mm utilises a chain conveyor and gantry system for handling of the production boards and products.